Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week Fifty Two: Leaving Christmas Goodies at a Tim Hortons and a Local Restaurant.

Well, this is it pals. My very last post. 

For my last week, I decided to fill a stocking full of candy canes, hot chocolate packages, jujubes, wafers, etc. when I was home for the holidays. I then drove out to a Tim Hortons closest to my hometown, which is in Sturgeon-Falls, to have a coffee with my brother and to leave the stocking and a card on a table. 




Instagram: @geneseguin. #k4kproject


Not long after I put it down, an employee who was washing the tables came across the stocking and thought someone had accidently forgot it behind. She brought it behind the counter and opened the unsealed envelope and read the card out loud to her coworker. The card said: “I hope you enjoy every delight in this stocking as well as every other that will present itself to you in the New Year. Happy and Safe Holidays to you and your loved ones.” They both immediately sported a sheer look of glee on their faces and they shared a laugh.  

I can’t however take the credit for this idea as it wasn’t mine. Véronique, a friend of mine who has been nothing but supportive throughout the length of this project, not only suggested doing this but also took a part in it. She bought a treat, wrote a note and left it at Brasseurs des temps, a local brewery/restaurant in Hull, for someone else to stumble upon it.
  


It’s unbelievable how incredible some people are. Thank you Véronique for being wonderful. 

Alas, this wraps up my year long project. I am very happy to say that I have successfully carried this through until the very end. It feels great to have accomplished this commitment that I took upon myself and in result, to witness the positive reactions and incredible support. I’d like to thank everyone who has commented, reached out to help, suggested or simply “liked” my posts throughout the year. This, amongst other reasons, acted as the best kind of encouragement to keep me going. So thank you all. 

To read my overall thoughts on the project, click here.

Thanks for reading, you’re all pretty darn great. 
Have a wonderful 2014.
G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment